Tags: beer, events, sitp, Skeptics in the Pub
Since Tommy Doyle’s closed we’ve been meeting very sporadically (except the Book Club). We need a new regular meeting place. I’ve put up a post on Facebook* where people can make suggestions.
For people who don’t do Facebook, here’s a copy of the post. (You can email me suggestions or comments, or leave a comment here.)
Hey, everybody! Let’s crowd-source a new meeting place.
Since Tommy Doyle’s closed, we haven’t had a good meeting place. We had a couple of get-togethers at Meadhall in Kendall Sq, but it isn’t really set up for speakers, music or movies. Good beer, okay food, comfy chairs, but still lacking
I think what we need is a place with:
- room for about 60-80 people (with standing room for 20-30 more)
- near a T station
- accessible (I think this was a problem at Tommy Doyle’s)
- a stage or other easily visible area for speakers and musicians
- comfortable environment
- good but not fancy food
- decent bar
- inexpensive enough that we don’t frighten away students and people on a limited income.
- friendly and accepting staff
- management that is amenable to reserving us a space on the expectation that there would be good business on an otherwise quiet evening
- ability to record the talks (audio and video) if our guest wants us to (I think we can supply our own recording equipment and cameras if needed.)
Any other requirements I missed? Did I get the size right?
Does anyone know the perfect place or have any suggestions?
Should we form an exploratory committee to perform a skeptical investigation (i.e. a pub crawl?)
[*] I think that’s a link to the group rather than the specific post, but it should be easy to find since we don’t get a lot of posts…